Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense. Proverbs 12:11
Observations Part 1:
“Those who work their land will have abundant food…”
1. Everyone gets land to work
2. Everyone has ownership of the land
3. It’s a choice whether or not a person works it.
4. Working on land requires the use of hands.
5. Working land is slow and steady.
6. Working land allows one to see the process of growth.
7. Land has different grow
8. Food/harvest is an outcome of work.
9. Working brings an abundance of food.
10. Food from land can be sold or eaten
Work what God has given you and it will produce “food” that gives life to you and others.
Observations Part II:
“but those who chase fantasies have no sense.”
1. The ones who don’t work their land are doing something.
2. They are using their mind and not their hands.
3. Fantasies are mental and not physical.
4. The ones who don’t work are using their “feet” to chase.
5. Feet cause movement away or to things.
6. When you are chasing something, you are leaving the location you were standing in.
7. A chase is a fast movement in which you are tailing and hoping to catch something else.
8. The chase is hard work.
9. It quickly leaves you tired and breathless.
10. You quit because you can’t keep up.
11. Chasing is trying to catch something you didn’t create.
12. A chase requires something to be fleeing.
13. If that something is caught, then it fights to be set free.
14. The struggle to hold on to it, requires a lot of strength and energy.
A chase will take your air and your strength. This will leave you laid out, lifeless, and in a position of vulnerability.
Stay focused and don’t be distracted by wishful thinking. You are standing on a harvest that is more than what you need.